domingo, 25 de março de 2012

Oslo, pt 1

Here I am... in Norway?!?!?!?!?

I haven't been able to see a lot, so far. We drove from the airport to Oslo, which is a 40 km ride. I remember having a familiar feeling while looking at the landscape, which was nothing but trees and rocks: the sky is so big, so immense. I remember having the exact same feeling in Canada and that made me feel good (I MISS CANADA!).

After checking in at the hotel and resting for a couple of hours, we went out for dinner and I got to see a little more. People are modern, but not too modern. And they're nice, but not too nice.

I'm very curious about this place and these people. I keep wondering if they are that different from "us". At the same time, sometimes it hits me and I think "I'm in Oslo? What the hell am I doing in Norway??!" .

The irony is that we ended up in a tapas restaurant where the wait staff only spoke Spanish, the menus were in Spanish, and the music playing was samba.

...


Anyway, I don't have many pictures yet (2 or 3), but this one is a standout, so I'll leave with this one.



1 comentário: